Thursday, November 29, 2012

Welcome!

I write to you this day, with a lovely sunshine streaming through my room, and view a outside of snow still spattered on the ground. It is left over from our first snow of the year, on November 27, (which happened to be my birthday too!).  

Now it is November 29, 2012, and as good as a time as any to start my blog... 

Thank you for joining me today...

As most people, we can find it  a challenge to define ourselves...but when given the opportunity to vent a bit we can pretty much go on and on ....because after all... we are still living, still growing, and still defining ourselves all over again.

The main reason I am starting this blog is the hopes to be of interest as to the life a musician and artist of today.  So many amazing and wonderful things have come to my life through my desire to make and perform music.  I have met countless wonderful people I would have never met otherwise.  I have traveled to towns near and  far (and got lost both near and far! ) to experience places I would have never seen had it not been for my engagements in music.  

This brings me to the greatest musical travel I am working on! My European Tour!!  
It is my inspiration to start this blog! 

You say, " European Tour? How can you, Andrea Carlson, do such a thing? I have never heard of you!!" or "Why is it you and not me?"  and perhaps there are more questions in your mind.  I will be answering all these and more!!

But, I also hope to encourage you to do the same thing!! Anything is possible! I have found that to be true over and over in my life.  We have a power to make things happen....and we can't wait for someone to make it for us! We must be steady in our journey...but enjoy each and every moment...because it is the journey after all is said and done that was the most fun and thrilling, and not the arrival. (And, just a quick comment...um, well, we never arrive....shhhh! it doesn't matter!)

So welcome!

I'll have more soon...

come and visit me again! I can't wait to share with you!!

with love,
andrea   

6 comments:

  1. Knew you would travel to Europe Andrea because you are one determined artist!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Larry!
      I must be!...but, why not? We all have things that we love and are passionate about! Travel has been something I have been aching to do for years...it seems like the most satisfying thing to combine the music with travel! A fine wine added to your favorite meal....which is better?..I not know, but they are lovely together...

      Delete
  2. Wow -- you've created a gorgeous blog from the get go! I'm really looking forward to following your journey (and I know one of these days I'm going to turn on Prairie Home Companion and hear you on there. Miss you much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Diana!
      I can't wait to write more myself...
      Oooo! Prairie Home Companion! Yes!! Anything is possible!
      I'm so happy to hear from you..I have been missing you very much too!

      Delete
  3. Keep on going Andrea! I'm most happy for you for doing what you love... and happy for me, for knowing you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Charlie..
    yes, so many ups and downs in life..but "keep it going" that is what I must do, and we must all do! It's amazing the drive we can have in our lives...with the gift of the journey. And, our paths have crossed Charlie..and I am so grateful and happy to know you too!!...indeed! Thank you for your care and support...

    ReplyDelete